Cataract Falls:
On the strip in Gatlinburg. Since I'm a genuine Tennessean, I've been to Gatlinburg many times, but that didn't make this time any less special. We went to Ober on the cable car, enjoyed the quaintness of the Village, enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool in our hotel (yes, we braved into the outdoor pool for a few minutes), and enjoyed a few shows. Country Tonite was my favorite by far. It was just the right mix of regular country (first half) and Christmas show (second half). I must confess parts of it moved me to tears. While they were playing "Christmas in Camoflauge" and showing slideshows of Soldiers away from their families and later being reunited, I was weeping. Hunter was joking with me after the show that he had the exact opposite reaction and felt it was shameful to use such precious pictures for commerical purposes. Who doesn't get love a live Nativity and powerful rendition of "O Holy Night"? (I'm so glad Tennesseans still remember the most important Reason for Christmas!)
No comments:
Post a Comment