Friday, March 8, 2013

Archie with the Rainbow Hair

While I must confess I'm chomping at the bit for spring, we've been having lots of fun this winter. Archie's three weekly highlights are Awana Club, soccer, and Church School. (There is a really great class for homeschoolers during my Tuesday morning Bible study. Grace loves her class, too.)

A few weeks ago, we had crazy hair night at Awana. I colored Archie's hair with washable markers. Grace was too afraid they wouldn't wash out, but she enjoyed her million pigtails. The kids have memorized SO much Scripture.


We've had snow a few times. They were calling for a "Snowquestration" storm yesterday, but it wasn't cold enough for the buckets that fell from the sky to really stick.




Archie is still entering art shows. He entered a clay sculpture called "Have a Ball" in an art show at Hunter's work. He didn't win, but he enjoyed getting his participation award at the ceremony. (Everyone enjoyed the punch and cookies afterward :)


Archie has run 23 of the 25 miles he needs to complete before March 16 when we head down to Virginia Beach for him to run the Final Mile 5-12-year-old race in the Shamrock Marathon. (A marathon has 26.2 miles and they do the last one together.) I didn't realize when I signed him up in December what a big commitment running 25 miles in one mile increments with a kindergartner was. Grace usually runs part ways then catches a ride in the stroller.

No comments: