Monday, August 5, 2013

Welcome to Our NEW Home


We are SO thankful to God for our new home! It's fun to be first-time homeowners. In Blacksburg, a lady at our church introduced me to one of her friends in Maryland. That lady became one of my friends, and I just bought her house when her husband got an out-of-state job offer! How cool is that? The house is in basically good condition except the whole inside needed paint. Thankfully, my in-laws kept our kids the first week, and my parents came to help all of last week. This resulted in us getting the whole downstairs painted as well as the stairwell, upstairs hall, and office. The upstairs bedrooms still need to be done. The other major fix is upgrading the two upstairs bathrooms, which I'm pretty sure are original to the house. I've bought my wallpaper steamer to remove the curling paper, and we're trying to figure out how much we can do ourselves. Pretty sure we're going to need professional help with the new bathtub.

Most of the rooms are still too cluttered for pictures, but here is Archie in his new room. When we do repaint it, I think we'll keep the same colors because they're pretty cool


Will try to post more pics soon :)

No comments: