Saturday, November 22, 2008

Turkey-less by choice!

Last year, try as we might, we were unable to find a turkey for Thanksgiving. What would you do on Thanksgiving if you didn't have a turkey? We picked up fried chicken from KFC, of course! Today, while making my quarterly (or so) trip to a store where I can buy imports, I found a WHOLE FROZEN TURKEY. So, I eagerly scooped it up and brought it home, right? WRONG! I left it in the freezer. Why? Who wants to cook a turkey in a toaster oven when there's KFC down the street. I'll make some sides, invite some friends, get some fried chicken, and we'll have a great holiday. Whether you go turkey or turkey-less this Thanksgiving, we wish you a happy one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan to me! I personally would prefer KFC over turkey! Anyway....fellowship is the key to holiday enjoyment. We are fortunate because both of our boys and their families are coming for Thanksgiving. Also, our daughter-in-law Amy's mom and her aunt are driving up from Florida. We will have a houseful but are looking forward to it. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!
Love,
The Ragsdales

Anonymous said...

There might be some folks out there in cyberland who don't know that you don't have an oven to bake in, Leslie. I want to know what clip art site you used for the great turkey pic.

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

Just type in whatever key word for clip art you want in the Google search engine (i.e. "turkey") and images will come up. If that doesn't work, type the key word plus "image"