Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A few reasons to be thankful!

I'm thankful for my husband, kids, family and and a whole lot more. Aren't my babies cute? (I'm also thankful for this photo where I caught them both smiling.)

We just celebrated a major milestone birthday of my mom's with her older sister and brother. How fun! Archie helped blow out Memaw's candles.

We finally got a pic of both kids with Grandpa DeJ last time he was in Blacksburg. Doesn't everyone look happy? (Hokies are doing pretty well, too, which is another big reason for thanksgiving :)

Here's where I'll begin to wax philosophical or sentimental or something. I'm thankful for my kids attitudes (most of the time) and the things they say. I decided when Archie was little that everyday I would make a point to tell him about one thing I was thankful for. It could be as simple as a flower or more complex such as pointing out a specific aspect of a person. This has proven to be one of our most successful parenting strategies and has communicated to him how to have a thankful heart. I LOVE to hear his spontaneous thankfulness! After we do something fun or give him something, he often remembers to say "thank you" to us or whoever treated him! Way to go! Rejoice evermore. Be thankful in all things. For this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus!

I am also thankful for Grace who I coached word-by-word to say "I love Mama" a couple of times tonight. Pretty good for 15 months, I think!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: