Thursday, April 21, 2011

Feeling Confident: All About Grace!

I/Grace have now completed the three days of my Potty-Training-in-3-Days method. Today is the first day I haven't set the timer to run and take her potty every very short interval of time. I'm just asking her throughout the day and taking her when she tells me. (She's been doing a good job of initiating this.) We've also had our first two outings without a diaper. Yesterday, we went to house group for church - don't think I quite relaxed the whole time but it was accident free. Today, we went to T.J. Maxx to buy her Minnie Mouse and other girly big girl underwear and Walmart for a much needed shopping trip. She managed to stay dry the whole time and went on her potty as soon as we walked in the door. Way to go, Grace!

Grace is almost 21 months old. She loves to talk and sometimes makes whole sentences. Whenever we get in the car now, she says "I do, I do" which means "Leave me alone and let me climb into my car seat by myself." She has the habit of replacing the first syllable of long words or compound words with the sound "ah" so peanut butter is "ah butter" etc. Very cute! She's becoming less picky about eating, but pizza is certainly a favorite.

During the potty training process, we had lots of time to sit and work on colors. She recognizes and can say blue, green, and orange. She's got on ok handle on yellow and red but can't quite say the words. Don't worry! The color scholar is still pretty goofy sometimes!


She also LOVES Papa!


1 comment:

Lois R. said...

That's great that you are potty training already....I just don't understand girls who don't even start until the child is 2 1/2 or 3. Good luck with that! She's a real cutie!