Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A bit demanding? Funny vocab stories

Grace is getting a little demanding at Mamoo and Papa's house. Tonight, she told Mamoo (Grandma DeJ) "More juice...QUICK."

I do appreciate her concern for authority. While visiting overnight at a friend's recently, we told Archie he was only allowed to come downstairs if he became very afraid. Grace must have taken the message to heart. We overheard her tell Archie that she had an accident and ask him if she could go downstairs. He granted her permission :)

Grace is progressing in the use of more complex sentence structures. When Archie told us he didn't want to do something a few days ago, she called out from the other room, "I don't want to EITHER."

Archie's use of the words "excuse me" is also amusing me these days. The other day, he ran up to me in McDonald's Playland and told me, "Excuse me, I can't find my friend." Guess that's the right way to get my attention. It just sounds so funny with that sentence. Happy to report we located "friend in the orange shirt" a few minutes later in another slide and they went back to playing.