Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Greetings from Super Why and Princess Presto!


Archie and Grace are in love with the PBS Kids superhero show about reading called Super Why. While not everyone recognized the characters, I thought it was cute they wanted to be a pair of characters from the same show. I took these pictures one afternoon since I thought it might be too dark on Halloween night.

Funny note: One day before the costumes came out, Grace went streaking out into the yard wearing only PJ shorts and a superhero cape yelling, "I'm Super Why with the power to read!"




There was plenty of Halloween prep to do with pumpkin carving:


We had to do most of it in the midst of a hurricane. I think I said a few posts ago I would never park my car in the garage. By moving pretty much everything into the house or around back, I was able to squeeze the Highlander in by an inch or so in the front/back. This garage was definitely made for a compact car, which we do not have. Parking indoors DEFINITELY will not be a regular occurrence. I just figured since our car is the most valuable "thing" we own, it made a lot more sense to have it indoors than boxes of outgrown clothes and yard toys and the other worthless junk that usually sits in the garage!


I tied down and tarped everything in back.


Halloween night showing off the Jack-o-Lantern! The power was off for about 47.5 hours and came on just before trick-or-treating.

 What a pile of candy!


No comments: