It's been awhile since I've run a race, ummmm.ok...before kids. I guess 2K was the right distance to re-start with. I ran with Archie, and Hunt ran with Grace. So proud of them both! Archie got off to a rough start with is shoe flying off and a cramp in his side, but he walked a minute, and then we went slow and steady to the finish. (Well, Archie took off on a mad sprint when the finish line was in sight.) We were definitely middle-of-the-pack finishers, but all the kids got medals. Meanwhile, Grace and Hunt were going great until we got near, Grace fell, and she was (in the words of Hunt) demoralized when we passed them. Nevertheless, I'm super proud of her for going on her own steam all the way. Hunt said she ran a lot of it.
Grace upon entering the trail portion of the run: "What if we get lost in these big woods? How will we ever get back to Maryland?" Hunt said it drew quite a few giggles.
No comments:
Post a Comment