Sunday, March 9, 2008

Barbecued Squid: A Brazilian Treat?

Is barbecued squid really a Brazilian delicacy? Someone familair with South American cuisine help me out on this one. All I know is that Hunter and I went to a South American barbecue tonight, and we were served barbecued squid, barbecued cow's tongue, some kind of heart and a host of other strange fare that seemed to me a bit more Asian than South American. Anyway, would you like to come to dinner with us next week? (In picture, tongue is the wide thing behind the corn, and the heart is the little thing by the banana on the right side of the plate: the squid isn't pictured but we really ate it - honest!)


To complete our night out on the town, Hunter and I went to a supermarket near the restaurant. While we were there, Archie created quite a stir being the only white baby for miles and miles around. Below are a few of his admirers.




Archie thinks taking the moving sidewalk from the grocery section to the everyday goods section is a blast. (I know you can't see it really well in the picture, but it's flat like a moving sidewalk so you can take your shopping cart except it has the same slope a normal escalator has. There's some kind of magnetic apparatus to keep your buggy's wheels in place.)



Nothing like taking the taxi right to your door.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you actually TRY all those different foods? Archie just gets cuter by the day! Keep on blogging!

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

Yes! The tongue was actually pretty tender. (I was thankful for the barbecued sausage and wing, though. Those were a little more normal.)-Leslie