Sunday, April 19, 2009

Just a Little Crowded!

I found this stuffed in my drafts file! The pics of Archie are really old, but I finally remembered my camera to get a shot of the crowd waiting outside the bus!



As crazy as it may sound, I have actually become fond of not driving my own car. It takes a lot of pressure off and saves a ton of money in gas, maintenance, etc. That being said, the bus can be a pretty crazy experience. There is only ONE bus that picks up on our street and goes across the river into town so everyone has to take it.

Maybe my pictures can help you imagine how many people are always on our beloved #213. Unfotunately, because we are always so crammed into the bus, we really can't even get a good angle from the inside to capture the bus experience. Basically, when the bus is at its first station, the driver will not leave until the bus is crammed beyond capacity - people standing three or four deep in the narrow aisles and even standing on the stairs leading to the bus door. When I have Archie with me, someone always gives me a seat (sometimes the driver has to yell to get someone to get up) so I count myself pretty lucky. (Hunter does not share my good fortune - nor do I when Archie isn't with me!)

Actually, this pic doesn't do the crowd justice. This bus already has no more seats and the aisle is jammed so the folks are no longer pushing and shoving. (The driver is still waiting in hopes of a few more before taking off, though.) When there are seats left, they will knock you over trying to get on. Elbows become a most valuable asset for shoving folks out of the way!

No comments: