Saturday, May 9, 2009

Introducing Grace and funny sayings

We've finally decided on a baby name! Our little girl will be...

Grace Virginia (called Grace)


Since this may not be the most exciting post in the world, I thought I'd share a random, funny Archie saying. He has FINALLY started associating a few (very few) words with meaning. (I am still not sure Mama is one of them.) He is CRAZY about dogs and now hollers the local word every time he sees one. Unfortunately, he thinks dog is a general word to describe all animals and had a lot of trouble understanding why we were calling the little kitty we ran into yesterday cat instead of dog.


6 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! That's cute about Archie! You know, it's funny - I was just thinking this week that I think Aashini finally started to get that I was mommy and Adam was daddy... the last couple of days she has been pointing at me and saying mommy and pointing at Adam and saying daddy - I guess I thought she sorta got it before, but it seemed like she actually "got it" this week! Crazy!

Grace Virginia is a very cute name :) How did you pick it? Will you call her Gracie - or end up calling her Gracey? I love the name :) Great choice :)
Fun!

Brandon and April said...

great name!!
we're partial to Grace since it's Eden's middle name, but it's WONDERFUL as a first name too!
hooray for baby sister Grace!

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

I think we'll end up calling her Grace although you never know what might happen as far as Grace-ie-ish nicknames. We originally were going to name her Virginia Grace and call her Virginia, but Virginia is kind of long and we couldn't decide on a nickname we liked.

We like Virginia because it's Hunt's home state plus we met and married in Virginia! (Plus, I really like the V sound, and Hunt doesn't like Vivian.)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

That's fun :) I was just wondering about the Gracie thing b/c I think i would accidently say it :)
Gracie & Archie :)
I like Grace a lot :) It's great! Virginia is really cute too! Very fun :)

alwaysjoyfuldejs said...

Haha! I am not very picky so I won't complain if you accidentally say Gracie! It does make sense anyway.

I find Hunt popping out of my mouth sometimes instead of Archie (which really confuses Daddy Hunter).

Julie said...

What an inspired name! Is Archie ready to become a big brother?