Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cooking local style and more

After living overseas for nearly two years, I've FINALLY learned to cook a little like the locals. I've found the key to making my food vaguely resemble what we eat in restaurants and what our friends cook is to use more oil than you could imagine possible and dump in the salt. I'm kind of ashamed to say I haven't learned to cook more, but I guess I'll take progress anywhere I can get it.

The dish on the right is a stalky green vegetable fried with pork pieces and the dish on the right is stir fried egg and tomato. These are both dishes so easy anyone should be able to cook them! I can also make a yummy noodle dish if I cheat a little and buy half-prepared sauce :)

I took Archie to play at a nearby college the other day. I thought he looked cute standing by the fence.

One of our friends mom's came over to visit the other day. It was a nearly constant photo shoot for Archie, but he enjoyed the attention :)

3 comments:

Chad and Krista said...

Hey Leslie, I need the recipe for the egg and tomato dish. Its one of my favorites! I love when the moms can't say much, but sure know how to take a picture.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Fun!! I don't cook much Indian food... it takes sooo long usually... I just saw that tomato egg dish the other day on someone else's blog - it looks so yummy to me!! Fun!!! That's awesome you can cook the food :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I want the recipe too :)