Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Even trees need IVs!
Do you remember the last time we talked about IVs? People seem to get them here even for the slightest illness. (Although, I must say the one I got for my stomach bug helped tremendously.) Anyway, I almost laughed out loud the other day when I noticed the amount of trees in our courtyard hooked up to IVs. I am really hoping some of you are botanists (or at least tree lovers) and can tell me if this is a commonly done practice in America. Even my language tutor seemed a little surprised when I pointed the trees out.
Just so you can see how common the practice is, I'm posting another tree for good measure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have seen this before!! Virginia Tech keeps a couple American Elm trees alive on campus this way. The dutch elm disease has killed all the other American Elms, and the IV is the only known treatment and it is expensive!! So, they must really care about those trees, and I'm guessing there is some specific disease they are trying to protect them from.
that is hilarious!!!!
haha! Thats funny!
Post a Comment