Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy New (Tiger) Year!

Happy Tiger Year! Today is the Lunar New Year, which is the biggest holiday of the year where we live. In a few minutes, we're packing up the kids and heading over to our friend's grandma's house to ring in the new year. (Every year has an animal attached, and we will watch the cow year fade away while the tiger year draws nigh.)

Actually, this will be my first time celebrating a traditional New Year festival because I've been in Thailand the past two years. I'm pretty excited. I'm expecting a huge meal at 2 p.m., lots of TV all day long and fireworks and dumplings at midnight. Actually, fireworks will be pretty non-stop as they were going pretty strong by 8 a.m. or so.

More coming soon on this great holiday!

2 comments:

Memaw said...

Fantastic! Post 'em on Snapfish pronto.

Lois said...

GREAT pic!