Friday, February 26, 2010

Archie's "predicament" and other funnies!

One of the things that keeps me sane while caring for and loving both a toddler and infant with all the craziness involved is the hilarious things that they say and do.

Funny 1:
Conversation on Day One of Potty Training.
Daddy: Archie, do you need to pee pee? (While working to keep Archie on the toilet)
Archie: (While trying to get off the toilet) I'm...PREDICAMENT.
Something is just too funny about hearing a toddler use that word.

Funny2:
Archie knows how to make a deal. The other day he decided he wanted the toy monkey Grace was currently playing with so he snatched it just like that. Then, without a word from anyone disappeared into his room to give her not one but TWO of his favorite little cars. Two for one. Grace made out like a bandit, huh?

Funny 3:
While I think that Archie's pretty much all boy and Grace is pretty much all girl, they seemed to get the traditional gender rolls reversed a bit today

Grace with her car:

Archie being a good daddy to his doll. This weird looking creature is the favorite dolly in our house, and I'm glad I've finally convinced Archie to call it WaWa (doll) instead of Grace.


Archie's actually doing really well with potty training. Today marks Day 5. In the past three days, we've only had 1.5 pee pee accidents. Way to go! Archie is a bit scared of his poo poo so we're still working on that but he always tells me as he's in the process of going and we rush to the bathroom. Archie earned his big boy underwear on Day 2. (Day 1 was bare bottomed.) And, he is now wearing pants as well. I have discovered he does not pee pee much. He only goes every three hours or so. I tried giving him lots to drink at the first, but he's just not a big drinker and even stopped drinking juice (his favorite) after awhile. He is quite proud of himself with each success. I wish I had a dollar for every time I told him he'd get a sticker and candy (gummy bear) for every time he goes pee pee in the potty. I would be rich :) This is probably the longest he's ever been without going out of the house. I am planning to take our first outing on Sunday to see how he does while out and about.

No comments: