Saturday, July 24, 2010

Van without a driver!

We bought it! A 2005 Kia Sedona! Like it? Only problem: I can't drive it. Well, legally I can drive it, but I'm too scared. I didn't even test drive the thing. I haven't driven in three years. Not sure if I remember how...Hunt asked me when I would start driving. I said never but he said as soon as I get bored in Blacksburg and need to get out of the house while he's at school/work. We'll see. The Blacksburg Transit will look pretty good after three year's of foreign buses.

Our son has no such qualms about driving. Thankfully, his feet don't reach the pedals so we don't have to worry too much.

Love this expression!
A family photo!
Grace's preferred mode of transportation! Love this Radio Flyer thing. Both kids can ride in it at once and the seats fold down for when they're older!

What I've learned about bargaining and buying cars. Gotta do it! The manager let us walk over a mere $300 the night we went to purchase it. (We did our Blue Book/Edmunds research, and we weren't going over our max price.) Next day, got a call from the sales guy that the day manager was happy to sell it to us for our bottom line price ($500 different from the night manager). Woo hoo! Guess we learned something about bargaining in Asia! Hunt had me do the bargaining and let me drive the hard line. It was kind of fun!

No comments: