Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Welcome to the Siberian Tiger Park (Part I)

Welcome to the Siberian Tiger Park, home of between 400-500 tigers (plus a few lions and other species of wild cats). We recently had some friends from America come visit so we took advantage of the opportunity to visit a local tourist spot we still hadn't seen. This is Post I from the Park. (I'll be posting the remainder of my FUNNY park pictures soon along with pictures from the rest of our friends' trip.) Mark (pictured below) is pointing out one of the main attractions: Feeding LIVE animals to the tigers. We didn't want to fork over 100 Yuan for a live pheasant, but thankfully some other tourists did and we got to watch and make pictures. Maybe next time someone will go for the whole cow! That would be a sight to behold.

Below is my favorite series of shots!








After a meal like that, I guess even tigers need to take a rest.

We rode around the park in a little bus. These tigers were walking along the road in front of us.

One more feeding shot:
Stay tuned for Post 2

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

whoa! That's really cool!

Anonymous said...

What would Peta say?