Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's Party Time! The Big ONE Year!

Happy Birthday, Archie! We celebrated with a Korean-themed party at Wan Bang School. Our teacher friends and their families came.



At Korean first birthdays, they play a game where the birthday boy or girl is given several objects to choose from. Each object represents a future career choice + string for long life. Archie chose the medicine bottle first so he might be a doctor when he grows up, making his Mama happy. His second choice was the calculator, which is indicative of a career in engineering, making his Daddy happy, too. The third thing he grabbed was the money, but he promptly threw it on the floor. I guess he already knows life is about more than money (although I do hope he makes some so he can support a family!). His heart's in the right place anyway!

What birthday would be complete without cake? While rice cakes were central to our Korean theme, I also made all the guests American style cupcakes and made Archie his own mini layer cake. I topped the cakes with gummy candies I bought at the local import store.

Here he is eating the cake! (There are two videos because my camera only tapes for 20 seconds at a time.)


One final family picture!

No comments: