Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where can I buy a hard hat?

Where can I buy a hard hat? Can I also buy the baby a hard hat? No, I'm not going to start him doing construction projects yet, but I think we need one for walking outside our door. As if ear-splitting noises from hammers banging on our roof beginning around 6:30 a.m. on the weekends weren't enough alert that repairs were occurring, the bucket dangling on a homemade pulley outside the window definitely clues you in! Hunter and I were seriously a little afraid to pass under our door because of how the bucket-pulley was rigged. We didn't want to get hit by falling stuff.

Here's a shot of the men working on the roof.

And here's a shot of our apartment so you can get an idea of how tall it is. While five floors is on the small side for this part of the world, no elevators (while living on the fourth floor) can seem pretty tall when you're carrying a baby in one arm and groceries in the other. The good news: exercise (like stair climbing) is good for your heart!

No comments: