Sunday, February 22, 2009

East Asia Pizza Kitchen!

Maybe I can open a restaurant. You've heard of California Pizza Kitchen, right? Yum...makes me hungry just thinking about it. Until tonight, the only way to get pizza of decent quality was to hop in the bus and travel all the way downtown to Pizza Hut. However, the generosity of some friends has revolutionized our future culinary experiences. One donated a Great Value pizza crust mix. Another donated some REAL pepperonis from America. I headed to the import store today to buy some shredded cheese, and I whipped up some pizza sauce from a can of tomato paste (about $0.14 USD) and some spices. The verdict: I can make pizza myself! Actually, I wasn't that thrilled with the crust so I've already been searching for some homemade crust recipes for next time. (It will be a bit of a bummer when the pepperoni runs out, though.) Can you guess what the next staple in the DeJ household will be?


Crazy baby! He passed up pizza for...

Homemade chicken salad rice. When you come over to visit, I'll let you choose between the two. Which will it be? Haha!

Oh, I had to take a break from posting vacation pics for some "normal life" stuff. I'll be back soon with Korea Day #2! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Brandon and April said...

I'd love to share our EA pizza crust recipe! It's very asia friendly and we love it so much that I make it here too!!
and you can get packages of pepperonis that don't have to be refrigerated. get the grandparents to send you some!!! :)