Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gone camping: a campsite tour

OK, I'm finally posting the pics of our new campsite (uh...apartment). Although it looks fairly nice, everything is always falling apart...the floor, the walls, stuff in the bathroom, the kitchen sink, etc. We've just decided to pretend we're camping for the next year. After all, you don't really need nice stuff at a campsite, do you? (That being said, I just paid the landlord about $35 bucks to fix the floor that wasn't put in quite right and to adjust the squeaky door so it doesn't wake up Grace when we go in to check on her or retrieve something from her office/bedroom...)

Tent entrance:

Baby playground:
Toddler lounging area:
Wide angle of the large forest clearing we inhabit mainly: (You can tell me how ugly the big orange chair is and I won't be mad - believe me the bright blue paw-print sofa is worse - but it is a pretty comfortable chair.)

Campfire: No gas for a campfire is in the apartment so we have a single electric burner by our mini fridge.

A few camp cooking utensils:

The campsite chef making Hamburger Helper imported from down south! What a delicacy! Beside it you can see our toaster oven.

Camp washroom: How many campsites have hot water heaters (that must be turned on before showering) and washing machines? Luxury!

Camp latrine: (The mop is necessary for mopping up the water that goes everywhere every time you shower or bathe babies.)

The best news about our campsite? We have a campsite helper now who cooks, cleans, washes clothes and helps watch kiddos 18 hours/week.

We're also buying a new washer tomorrow that doesn't have to be manually filled with water twice each load, drained twice each load, and have it's contents shifted into the separate spinner.

All in all, pretty nice campsite, huh? Come visit us, and we'll make you s'mores (if you furnish the marshmallows)!

1 comment:

Abi said...

I like that you call it a campsite. I hope that helps you deal with living there. I am a little jealous of your helper :)