Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sorry, all done!

I love having a verbal child. Archie was pretty slow starting to talk, but now he is able to use words to communicate major ideas even though he doesn’t quite use sentences. He speaks two languages with equal ease and people frequently tell me his pronunciation is better than mine. THANKS! Anyhow, I enjoy some of his language blunders:

Sorry! I think he’s got that confused with uh-oh as he says it every time he falls down regardless of if anyone else is hurt.

All done! This means, “I don’t want to do it.” He is frequently “all done” with his nap before he even starts, and he is always “all done” every time we get near him with an eye patch.

Bao le (I’m full). This means, “I am ready to not be sitting at the table.” He uses this regardless of if we’re eating and he’s full or if he’s merely done with a table time activity.

Another funny:

I think it’s hilarious that Archie can correctly identify a WALRUS but hasn’t quite figured out what a cat is even though I assure you we see far more cats than walruses.

2 comments:

Brandon and April said...

really, you don't see walruses every day?! :)
haha! That's funny!!

Greg Zhongbi Chen said...

This log surely put smile on my face. Archie is so cute.