Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Morning 2009!

Christmas pics are better late than never, right?

This was the first year Archie really got the idea behind Christmas even a little and it was really fun to see his first reaction to the tree with presents.

He needed some help from Daddy with opening in the beginning...

...But was up for trying on his own after awhile

I'm a really bad Christmas shopper. Really bad. Hunter and I had a conversation about a week before Christmas that went like this.
Hunt: "Did you get me anything this year" (I didn't last year and he's playfully reminded me several times.)
Me: "Not yet, but I will. I know exactly what, too, whenever I have a chance to go to town."
Hunt: "Actually, I haven't gotten you anything either. Do you want anything because if you don't we could skip presents this year."
Me: "Ok. That sounds easier if you're sure you won't mind."
(However, after neglecting presents totally last year, I surprised him with a wallet and he bought me a calendar.)

I did manage to get two little books for Archie. It eased my conscience that he loved his book about cars as much as I thought he would. It's bilingual and the English is really bad. For example, "Antique car" is "antiqu car". (Don't worry about him too much - Grandparents definitely spoiled him.)

Grace seemed to prefer sleeping to present opening. When she finally got up around breakfast time, she seemed to be pretty surprised by the colorful box. (I think her expression is hilarious.)

Thanks to the DeJs for an I-touch!

I thought this pic was funny. Archie stayed up super late on Christmas Eve with some guests so he actually slept in this vest. It wouldn't have mattered even if I'd put his Christmas PJ's on because he wouldn't have worn them for pics anyway. The first thing he says in the morning is "Jammies off."

No comments: