Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cuddles and Cries

I wanted to upload a cute video of Grace's first cereal today, but the computer was too slow and I gave up. I thought I'd show off some of her pics with this cuddly bear. They were outtakes from the session, but I kind of like them anyway :)

With such a cuddly, furry friend, what's the crying coming from? We think it might be coming from hunger. We think we might have started the cereal just in time because we think she's not getting enough milk from me now. We had this problem with Archie at seven months, and it worked itself out in a week or so, but this has been going on for 2.5 weeks now. It was easy to disregard the first week, but we really started thinking through options by Week 2 of mid-night wake-ups. Yesterday, we came to the dreaded conclusion: the wake-ups aren't from cold, teething, or poor scheduling, they're from lack of milk. Thankfully, we're able to mix her rice with soy formula - she, like her brother - want nothing to do with milk based ones, and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon and keep nursing for awhile.

We also realized that our diet these days consists of fried bread and soy milk (breakfast) and rice, vegetables, tofu and occasionally eggs (lunch and dinner) with some yogurt and fruit snacks. I am going to try to eat more meat and yogurt and see if that helps.



No comments: