Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Eight Months!

Another month has rolled around.
It's hard for me to sit down and figure out what Grace's seven month milestones were to write this post, but here's what I'm thinking:
-Responding when we call her name - end of 6 months
- Giving up sucking her thumb - totally self initiated. While I am sometimes tempted to want her to do it as a soothing method, I actually pulled it out of her mouth when she put it in once the other day because I remember how long Archie sucked his and I don't even want to go there
-Crawling - we've got some serious Army crawling going on here, but she loves to pull up to all fours. She can scoot just a bit on her knees before collapsing back to the floor. I love how she locks in on an object she wants and will not give up until she gets it. Determined little thing.
-Sitting up. She started doing this Day 1 of her seventh month and is a pro by now. I think she'll be able to pull herself into a sitting up position soon.
-Toys and food - she loves both. I don't think I've ever seen a baby that loves toys as much as her
-Playing with her brother - Archie entertains her in ways only a two-year-old can and it's pretty funny to watch, but I love it when they're both laughing. (He also gives her a hug and kiss at bedtime and she LOVES it and giggles!)
- First tooth. Has started breaking through today at 8 months and 3 days. Although she doesn't particularly like it now, I think she'll find it useful when eating in the future.




1 comment:

En ny skapelse av Hannah Norén.. said...

i bet your chinese friends love seeing her big blue eyes! Sweet photos...