Sunday, November 1, 2009

Did you HEAR the news about my EYE?

This is Archie posting (with Mommy's help) to report what the doctor said about my eye.

Dr. Yu says he needs more observation time and data before he can make a decision on surgery. Actually, the doctor helped clarify my diagnosis. I don't have lazy eye, but I do have estropia, which means I use BOTH my eyes, just not at the same time. (This was my original diagnosis in Bangkok, but my parents thought estropia was lazy eye.) He thinks I may need to have surgery this summer but doesn't want to rush into it. The good news is my eyesight has improved since I started wearing my 6.0 prescription lenses (the strongest farsighted lenses available). I will be coming back home with Daddy tonight. I miss Mommy and Grace and called out for them on the airplane. We need to go to Hong Kong for another checkup in January. (Oh, I also saw the pediatrician. He said my lungs looked great, and he would never have guessed I was hospitalized this summer.)

No comments: