Ready or not, winter is here! Its' been downright cold for awhile, but since we live in such a dry climate, we don't actually get a lot of snow. It's just once the snow comes, it doesn't melt for about 6 months. And, it's here now. Couple that with some English Christmas music that was blaring from a nearby loudspeaker, I'd say winter is official.
OK, so what does real and fake have to do with anything? Keep reading. But there's nothing fake about this first picture. Archie doesn't seem to remember last winter and is quite intrigued by his "first" sight of a snowman.

Now on to the fake, In the summer, they decorate with real flowers. In the winter, they decorate with Christmas lights and fake flowers. Anything strange about these snow covered fluorescent pansies? (There's no Photoshopping here!)

The winter weather leaves me searching desperately for creative ways to practice my photography hobby. Our house is definitely not a studio, and props/backdrops/lighting are pretty limited so I like to take pics outside. But, there are only so many abominable snowmen pics you can take of your kids. And, when you live where we do, you find babies were made for kisses and cuddles and warm soft blankets - not the outdoors.
So, since I can't take Grace outdoors for pictures, I just get cheesy and bring the outdoors to her via Photoshop!


And, when I get tired of being somewhat cheesy, I just go all out as you can tell from the next pic. The good thing is I did learn about using color gradients, which I think I will be able to use in a more natural way someday. (At least I can pretend that way I wasn't totally wasting my time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment