Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Hokie opposites!

Meet Hokie Tall and Hokie Short! I thought Tech needed a little encouragement for the Maryland game!

Awww. Archie loves his little sister. How sweet!


Other than encouraging the Hokies, my inspiration for the post was Archie's education. I was trying to think of some ways to teach him opposites, and then I made this pic. Tall/short, big/little. Hey, you got it!

Archie is doing GREAT with his school. He now recognizes almost all of the capital letters. My goal is that he knows them all by tomorrow, and I think he's on track! He knows colors and basic shapes, too. He loves counting to eleven in Chinese, and he even knows a few characters like his name, car, on/off. The think I like about Chinese is there's no phonics. Once you recognize the characters, you're reading. For example, he can already read "get in the car, get out of the car" but he could never do that in English.

1 comment:

Brandon and April said...

cool outfits!! just the beginning of many to come that will be matchy matchy! fun times!

I'm impressed with Archie! Eden doesn't have all her letters down yet!