You can get really stir crazy cooped up with a toddler when the winter lasts 6-7 months and there are no indoor play places around. Desperate one day, I took him window shopping in a rather tiny clothing mall. Archie was immediately fascinated with all the manikins - none of whom were wearing shoes. He decided they must have"dong jiao" (frozen feet) and proceeded to inform every single shopkeeper of this fact. (People here get very concerned about having dong jiao - it's something to avoid at all costs.) Later we came to a manikin who must have been in the process of changing outfits. He looked upon her unclothed state and confidently told me, "She's taking a bath!" Two and a half year olds and logic :)
I am pretty confident I am the only mom anywhere remotely near where I live who takes her kid outside to play in the winter. Although I don't much enjoy watching him play in subfreezing weather, I bundle him up good to try to avoid the dong jiao and take him out as often as I can stand. Brrr. I brought the camera the other day. Usually, I am too busy sliding down the slide with him since he doesn't have any other frozen tundra playmates!



No comments:
Post a Comment