Sunday, March 7, 2010

More funny stories and a quiet weekend

Quiet: I never knew how much I loved it before I had kids. How has it come about this weekend? Hunt's taken Archie to Hong Kong for another round of eye measurements, gearing up for the big surgery in May. Today, I enjoyed spending some time with friends and trying to get the Plug-In I downloaded for Photoshop Elements to work. Tomorrow, I'm hosting a big surprise (meaning the guests don't know) birthday party for myself with Italian style pasta. (I couldn't think of an easier main dish and since hopefully most of the guests have never had real spaghetti, they won't know if I messed it up of if it just doesn't suit their tastes!) Guess that'll bring an end to some of the quiet.

OK, here's the promised funny:
Archie (waking up at about 10 p.m. for unknown reason) once Daddy has entered room: Waaater
Daddy: Ok (goes and gets water)
Archie: (drinks water) I get up
Daddy: No, you go to sleep
Archie: I sleep (and begins resettling down)
Daddy: silence (turns to leave)
Archie: Daddy, say "I love you"
Daddy: Archie, I love you!

Awww.

And for the Grace funny. She's seven months old and I'm STILL swaddling her. (Archie would never have stood for that.) Because the blanket is now too short, she likes to stretch her legs after nap!

Does anyone have a good recommendation for image extraction software for photo editing? I don't like the Magic extractor in Photoshop Elements and I can't get the Background Remover 3.1 plug in to work...

No comments: