I can't believe my baby boy is 2.5! He hit the milestone 3/15 so I'm a little late posting. Thanks to Sesame Street podcasts, Archie even knows what half means. If you give him a cookie he will break it in half - half for him and half for me. Good deal! But, if you ask Archie how old he is, he will tell you three since that is his age by the lunar calendar that's used for calculating ages here.
Archie's biggest milestones over the last two months have been giving up his thumb sucking habit and giving up his diaper. I was amazed at how easy we got off on breaking the thumb habit. I was prepared for some real battles, but we bought some of the Thumb-Ex type stuff in Hong Kong, put it on a few times, and he decided it was gross and nasty and he could find other ways to soothe himself. YES! Potty training was also not nearly as bad as I feared either although I did nearly go crazy the first day. After about four or five days of our intensive, he was pretty much pee-pee trained and in big boy underwear. (Our remaining problem is poo-poo training. His progress with that is almost non-existent and it makes for some pretty messy pants every other day or so. ADVICE, PLEASE!)
Archie is into letters, numbers, and Chinese characters. I think he knows about 40 and can read simple sentences. Fun stuff. He also likes Play-Doh, markers, cars, blocks, music, dancing and FRIENDS. Pretty much all boy.
Here he is showing off his stuff.
Archie funny: coming tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment