Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Science is fun!

Two weeks ago I made my first trip to our local science museum, and I was AMAZED by how wonderful it was. We took the kids to the Hong Kong Science Museum in May and I was not that impressed, but our local one is wonderful! There was tons of hands-on stuff. I don't know if Archie learned that much about science, but he sure did have a blast!

Here's Archie with a giant water gun. He stuck his hands in the water but wasn't even phased by his wet sleeves. Our friends from town who introduced us to the museum are in the background. Archie loves playing with their four kids whenever we get a chance to travel the rather long distance to see them. (I love chatting with their mom, too.)

Grace was a bit indifferent to her surroundings. She probably would've preferred to be at home, but she was a good sport anyway.

I loved this climbing structure for preschoolers, but they wouldn't let parents in so I was a bit nervous for Archie with all the stairs.


Where's Hunt's body? This was a cool optical illusion display. They also had two weird houses you went in and got all kinds of weird movement sensations even though you yourself did not move. They kind of made me seasick.

They also had some cool skeleton and medical displays!

I think a trip back is definitely in our future. We really only got to see about two floors.

No comments: