I think he pee-pee portion of potty training is now complete. He takes the initiative to tell us when he has to go. I still welcome suggestions for poo-poo training, though. Here's my latest poll: how old was your kid when they were feeding himself with a spoon? (Archie can kind of do this, but it's easier if we do and he gets the food faster so we've been kind of lazy in this area of training.) And, when did your kid start dressing him/herself? I'm trying to figure out if I need to up my diligence in getting him to dress himself.
Friday, April 30, 2010
A-R-C-H-I-E That's the way you spell Archie!
I'm so proud of my little buddy for learning to spell his name. I am enjoying being able to teach him a rather eclectic mix of things that he's interested in at this age without being worried about if he's behind or ahead of the other kids. He recognizes all his letters, their sounds (I think), numbers 1-9 but he can count much higher, and one of my friends mentioned that two year olds can memorize how to spell their names so I thought, "Why not?" He's not as interested in Chinese characters at the moment so we've backed off them although I'm trying to keep reviewing what he already knows. I'm pretty sure he's going to be a lefty like Grandma DeJ. He's likes tracing one's and he has learned to draw baby Grace by himself. (Ok, it's faintly recognizeable as a circle head inside an oval body with two dots and no mouth but sometimes random scribbling on the outside.)

I think he pee-pee portion of potty training is now complete. He takes the initiative to tell us when he has to go. I still welcome suggestions for poo-poo training, though. Here's my latest poll: how old was your kid when they were feeding himself with a spoon? (Archie can kind of do this, but it's easier if we do and he gets the food faster so we've been kind of lazy in this area of training.) And, when did your kid start dressing him/herself? I'm trying to figure out if I need to up my diligence in getting him to dress himself.
I think he pee-pee portion of potty training is now complete. He takes the initiative to tell us when he has to go. I still welcome suggestions for poo-poo training, though. Here's my latest poll: how old was your kid when they were feeding himself with a spoon? (Archie can kind of do this, but it's easier if we do and he gets the food faster so we've been kind of lazy in this area of training.) And, when did your kid start dressing him/herself? I'm trying to figure out if I need to up my diligence in getting him to dress himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Andrew (3.5 yrs) is capable of dressing himself, and has been for a little while, but he usually still wants help. He does still have trouble at time with taking his shirt off, though, so we do help with that most of the time.
Both Andrew and Catherine (1.5 yrs) were feeding themselves shortly after they turned 1. Mostly this was because they were very independent and didn't want to wait for us. It was messy for a while and still is with Catherine, but they wanted to do it themselves, so we took their lead and went with it instead of forcing anything.
Hope that helps!
way to go Archie! smart kiddo!! :)
I don't have poo-poo advice. Eden just kinda got it. Actually it was easier for her than pee, not sure why. Every kiddo is different.
Eden has been able to feed herself with a fork and spoon for several months. But that's not because of our initiative really. She's just hard headed and insisted on doing it herself quite a while ago. I wouldn't fret about it, but maybe just make him practice a little at every meal. Try going straight to a big spoon. We've found that usually it's easier for eden than the "toddler" spoons. :)
cute pic of Archie!
Post a Comment