Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Day at the Park

Recently, I went with some friends to our local botanical gardens (or plant zoo as we fondly call it). I had a blast although I wasn't successful in accomplishing one of my primary objectives: getting great photos of Archie. He just wasn't in the mood. Here's the best shot I snapped

I mean, why would you want to cooperate for photos when you could just stare at your feet?

This shot is pretty cute, too. Someone gave him a flower, which he loved! I just had to make sure he didn't eat it!

One of the hilarious things about the gardens is watching people take photos. People here use their cell phones to take pictures of everything. Going with my friends can be an exercise in patience when they snap an individual shot of EVERY different color flower they see! I snapped a shot of two folks photographing themselves. Around here, they don't "Say Cheese." They "Say Eggplant!"

There were also some fun things to do. I didn't try out the mini roller coaster, though.

Whoa! These bridges are crazy. They're actually quite difficult to cross to (especially the one with the swings in the second picture). If no one is behind you, the metal can bang into your feet and be painful! I REALLY didn't want to fall in because I didn't have a change of clothes and I had forgotten to take my cell phone out of my pocket. Thankfully, I didn't!


Kids loved the fishing pond, and I was pretty amused watching them catch mini goldfish. Don't think I can fry those for dinner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have enjoyed seeing pictures of where you live, the market, and Hunt getting his IV. It gives us a better idea of your lives. I hope Hunt is finished with his medical treatments now. Our all-time favorites remain ARCHIE.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

WOW! All those flowers are so pretty!!
Looks like a fun park!! How cool! Those bridges are crazy!