Friday, June 20, 2008

Quality Issues

During the first few weeks we were overseas, we went through two mops, one broom and dustpan, a complete silverware set, two vegetable peelers and about a million other home gadgets that were made with exceedingly poor quality. Since then, we've learned some exceedingly helpful tips for shopping in Asia. Number One: Don't buy the cheapest thing you see even if it is only $0.30 at the local $0.30 store - you'll regret it! While in Thailand in February, Hunter and I purchased Archie his first stroller. We figured because we were in a nice department store, we could forgo our number one rule. Oops!

Poor Archie, he was sitting in it on Saturday and it just collapsed in about three places! (He got a surprised look on his face but wasn't hurt at all - no worries!)

Off we set for the local baby store and purchased a Combi brand stroller. I don't know if Combi is really the best brand on the planet, but it sure seems like it after the last stroller. (I did a Google search and couldn't even find the brand name on Stroller #1!) Archie loves the footrest because he strains forward as hard as he can in the harness, leans over the bar, and pushes up with his feet to ride in a standing position. I love the umbrella shade to protect his skin from the sun and the ease with which I can collapse it. Daddy loves it because it has BIG wheels (that hopefully won't break on the rough ground).

When Archie is not riding around in his stroller, he likes to ride on Daddy's shoulders :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new stroller, especially the polka dots. The foot rest is a great feature. Archie looks quite pleased with it. It looks like he has more room. Let's hope it lasts longer than the first one. I am especially glad that this one actually locks in place when you close it.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Cool new stroller!!! The stroller we have now is almost exactly the same as your old one - haha!!