Monday, June 30, 2008

Poll Results: Culinary Delights Part II

And the answer is: DOG MEAT AND CREAM CHEESE



What did you say?
43% A Beijing Roast Duck and Sliced Cheese (While I do like it, you have to go to a fairly nice restaurant to get Beijing Roast Duck, and it's not served with sliced cheese.)
14%PB&J (I was just kidding. Peanut butter is not a delicacy here. We have Skippy brand with the label in characters!)
29%Dog Meat and cream cheese - GOOD GUESSING
7%Fresh fish I watched them kill although that would be an option here.
7%Chicken feet and mayo (This is likely but not the right answer. Chicken feet are extremely popular here. They like them many different ways including fresh and pickled. The chicken feet and chicken head are the most expensive parts at the grocery store. Did you know America exports a lot of chicken feet overseas? The good news for me: breast meat is cheap because it's "boring")

We went with some friends to a local dog meat restaurant. We ordered dog soup, fried dog with peppers and steamed dog. The steamed dog was my favorite although it was all good. Dog meat actually tastes quite a bit like dark turkey meat. The flavor is great! The cream cheese on my leftover sandwich was an "American" innovation because I like cream cheese and I had just made my monthly trip to a store that has imports so I could buy some.

The dog soup is in the bowl with the liquid and the fried dog with peppers are on the white plate towards the back. Below is a close up of the steamed dog. YUM!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine! How did you ever have the nerve to try it? You amaze me!

Anonymous said...

I cannot stand to even look at the picture of the steamed dog. I have to scroll quickly to see the pictures of my precious Archie.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! eww! There's actually a state in our country that is famous for eating dog (I think they're the only ones that eat dog)... they always say that the darker the dog, the better the meat... do they say the same over there???