Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Day at the Hospital (or Two...)

Archie was admitted to the hospital last night for a persistent infection in his lungs. This is Hunter posting while Leslie and Archie are napping in the room. So any grammar mistakes are purely mine. I'm just going to copy and paste a little info that Leslie wrote about Arche:

Archie is in the hospital now. He had been having some breathing problems (phlegm sound in lungs) for several months. But we hadn't wanted to take him to the hospital so we hadn't really done anything. (We'd told our doctor in the states but without actually seeing/hearing him he couldn't make an accurate diagnosis.) When we first arrived in Thailand on July 1, we took him to the doctor and the doc put him on three different meds and gave him a nebulizer treatment. Today we went back for what we thought would be simple follow up and maybe some different meds. However, the doctor felt like Archie wasn't responding to treatment and ordered a chest x-ray. He found a pneumonia like infection that has probably been there quite awhile. Even though Archie doesn't act sick, he wanted to hospitalize him immediately and give him IV antibiotics and nebulizer treatments every three hours to try to knock this stuff out before it gets more serious. Archie obviously didn't like getting all the blood work and IVs and screamed like crazy all afternoon but he's been sleeping for a long time now. (He even slept through his last breathing treatment.) We're praying he doesn't get bored and stir crazy over the next 2-3 days (which is how long we think he'll be here) and that things heal quickly.

Archie isn't an any kind of danger. It's just a scary situation for him. So we just ask for prayers while he's here that he can go home after two nights. Sorry I don't have any pics with this post. I forgot to bring our card reader when I packed for the hospital trip. (I also forgot the key to our apartment but thats another story). So when we get back to the apt will post some pics of Archie in his hospital gown.

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I bet Archie is cute in his hospital gown :) Sorry he's in the hospital :( That's no fun!! Poor little guy!