Thursday, July 9, 2009

Life in the Rainy Season

Thailand (supposedly) has three distinct seasons. Moderately hot (we still call this really hot), REALLY REALLY HOT, and rainy (with all the heat). This is the rainy season. We were pretty surprised to look out our window after an 1.5 afternoon shower (can I call it a monsoon?) and find ourselves trapped in our apartment. Glad I didn't go into labor! How would I have gotten to the hospital?


The rain doesn't seem to be a problem for the Thais. Look at this lady walking through it. They were also riding bicycles, motorcycles and even driving cars through it! The flood also recedes really quickly. Our street was pretty much clear after a few hours.

OK, I know the grandparents like posts to include Archie pics so here's one of him on our latest flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. He got his own seat!

1 comment: