It's been a crazy two or three weeks since I last posted. I could probably write a multi-volume work, but time and
internet constraints will force me to limit my words :)
Slightly before leaving country for Thailand, we decided it was apartment moving time. Archie sure had fun helping pack!

One of the only
complications was a little fall I took outside our old apartment a few days before the scheduled move. Although both Grace and I are
ok, we had to make a little emergency trip to Beijing to prevent her arrival six weeks early. (A little scary because due to complicated
circumstances and time of day, I had to go by myself - leaving Hunt and Archie to fend for
themselves at home.)
I'm glad Archie was a help with the boxes because upon my return, I had to stay in bed or on the sofa until our departure.
The other complication: We unexpectedly parted ways from our middle school the day before we left, which has left us puzzling over our visa situation. We're going to need a new visa to get back to our new apartment and stuff once Grace is born!
We spent a few days in Beijing en route to Thailand. Traveling days are rough days for Archie so he needed a little comfort from Daddy at the airport.

He did enjoy the Tex-Mex we had in Beijing, though. YUMMY!

Now we are in
Chiang Mai, Thailand. We met up with some friends who live in South Asia for lunch and a trip to the playground. Archie likes his new friend
Aashini.
How does Archie like our new
surroundings? Well, traveling has been a bit hard on him. Even harder were his doctor
appointments the first two days we were in Thailand when we went on a whirlwind trip to the
pediatrician, dentist and pediatric eye specialist. He got a
nebulizer treatment for "
pre-asthma" at the first stop (not too fun for a little guy), a good report at the dentist (
unfortunately, also not too fun when your father, two nurses and the doctor have to hold you down) and a directive to patch his lazy eye two hours daily at the last stop. I am sure this will be an ongoing saga. He's doing
ok with it on Day 2.
1 comment:
yay! fun pictures :) It was fun getting to see you guys!!!
Post a Comment