No, friends! Although Put Me in the Zoo is another of Archie's favorite books, I'm not sending him to the local Siberian Tiger Park. However, we did think it was time to give our darling son some loving boundaries due to his increased scooting mobility hence the nice blue fence. Why a fence instead of a play pen? Because a play pen wasn't to be found! Well, truthfully, the fence almost wasn't found. I know better than to go on a quest without the name of a store and address in hand but the challenging quest for the "children's cage fence" (just giving you the literal translation) was just too irresistible so off I set on the bus to Buy Sell Street (another literal translation) having no idea exactly where I was going once I got there. Thankfully, upon disembarking the bus, I quickly found the makeup and toy store (interesting combo, huh?). Don't picture Toys 'R' Us. Picture a bunch of vendors spread out over two floors of a building with individual partitioned off booths and a fairly disgusting floor. Some have stuffed animals. Some have kid's furniture. Some have puzzles. But, none have the "children's cage fence" At a place that huge, how could that be? Feeling somewhat deflated, I set off again. After asking about a million people who seemed to be having a harder time than usual understanding my language, I head into a busy building with no signs whatsoever. On the sixth floor, I find another spread of toy vendors. This time two have the "children's cage fence." After a bit of bargaining, I finally secure my fences and dash back downstairs and into a taxi with my prize. Does Archie like his fence cage? Well, he can't complain about much at this point, but he did grin a couple of times!
2 comments:
That looks like fun :) Cool fence :) Good job getting it too! Nice!
I think it looks great! he'll love that as he gets older too!
Post a Comment