Monday, August 31, 2009

Candid Grace pics

The great thing about babies is they're super easy to photograph because they don't really move. The bad thing is their expressions change really quickly so catching the cute ones is quite a challenge. Here are a few favorite candid shot of our little girl starting with the most recent (3 week old Grace) and moving to older favorites I have been slow in posting.

Flower power:

First tummy time:
I started tummy time at three weeks with Grace. Archie used to hate tummy time so I need to be vigilant about getting Grace accustomed to it.

Learning to self soothe:
Grace loves to be swaddled. Since newborns don't have much control over their limbs, she tends to get herself hyper by aimlessly slinging them around. Being a papoose helps her calm down but hasn't quite prevented her personal fussy time, which often takes place sometime between 8-10 p.m.

Her Aunt Bonnie gave her this cozy, crocheted blanket. Thanks!
Grace also really loves this pink elephant her Hamilton cousins gave her. Archie loves it, too. If you pull the tail, it plays music. I think that's how Archie learned the word "pull." Quite educational :)

This was made the morning Hunt's parents left to catch their flight back home. Grace wanted to make sure she had good memories of Grandma so she (at two weeks) lifted her head so she could remember the details of her face.

Nothing like a good nap on Grandma:


No comments: