The guys are fine in Hong Kong. (Who wouldn't be with access to California Pizza Kitchen?)
The baby is fine, too. Actually, she's doing fabulous! She's gone over six hours between feedings four of the past six nights. Way to go for a three week old!
What am I doing?
Trying to use my time productively.
Is it working?
Maybe.
So far today, I've learned some interesting things:
First, I've found a blog I absolutely love: Chronicles of a Babywise Mom.
All you Babywise Mom friends, check it out. She always has just the article I need. I especially like it because she incorporates great tips from many sources other than Babywise.
Since Grace's nighttime sleep started extending so long, I've noticed she often wakes early (and fussy) from daytime naps. While reading the Babywise blog, it hit me. I've been overemphasizing daytime wake time to stimulate nighttime sleep. Since sleep begets sleep, I've cut her wake times down today and she's done much better with napping longer. (We'll see if she still does her wonderful sleep job tonight, but I'm feeling positive.)
Second, I've gotten totally into Baby Massage. Grace loves it! She just kind of oogles and googles and you can see her relaxing. (Oh the stresses of being a newborn!) Recently, one of the malls was doing free baby massage. We tried it out there, and I started reading up on techniques for doing it at home. I found this great guide at parents.com, and I've been using regular baby oil!
No comments:
Post a Comment