After a five day four night separation (Hunt's and my longest in going on six years), the guys returned. They got home around midnight, and Archie was like a little zombie. When he first saw me, he was speechless and remained so quite a while. He let me hold him but, as Hunter said, had so many emotions coursing through his toddler self, he didn't know how to react.

Not knowing if they would be hungry, I had a special snack waiting for both Archie and his dad.
(Goldfish for Archie, cookies for his dad.)
Doctor visit results: Wait on surgery. The doctor had Hunt give Archie a three day course of very special eye drops, which prevent the eye from focusing and thereby allow him to get better measurements. (These are powerful drops as nausea can be a side effect - Archie threw up one night.) The doctor felt like Archie has been being
under corrected and changed his glasses
prescription from 1.50 to 6.00. Big jump! We go back in two months to see if it's working. If so, we may keep on that track for awhile and either not do the surgery or just do it to correct small defects. Otherwise, I guess we might go on and do it. Because of the drops, Archie might not be able to focus for four more days. Poor little guy!
We are planning to head home late Saturday night. Our Internet might be unreliable for awhile so I'll schedule some picture posts to publish while we're getting settled.
1 comment:
Poor little guy! I bet that makes it hard to walk too! aww... I hope he feels better soon. Sounds cool if they're able to fix it w/o surgery or with less surgery. Very cool :)
Great pics below too!!!
Post a Comment