Thursday, August 6, 2009

Life as a family of four (or six)

We are absolutely loving life with Grace! I told Hunter yesterday even though she's only 8 days old, I already can hardly remember life without her. We love making her pretty picture:



Actually, we've spent the past few days looking for a studio that makes family portraits in Bangkok. We can't find one. We're running down more leads tomorrow, but if anyone knows of one, let me know.

Archie is making adjustments. He's had his share of temper tantrums. I didn't help that while Grace and I were in the hospital, he came down with an ear/throat infection and high fever and ended up looking like this:
He's doing better now. We're trying to make extra efforts to show him he's still a special part of our family, and he hasn't been replaced. He's curious about Grace. The other day, I put her in the infant sling when I took them both out, but he didn't realize I had her with me. He went to her infant seat and lifted up the blanket to look for her.


We are also loving having Hunter's parents here. They make our lives so much easier. They are great at taking care of Archie. (His pack-n-play even stays in their room at night.) Tonight I told them I wanted to go upstairs and rest for about 15 minutes. I ended up sleeping 2 hours but they didn't care :)




3 comments:

Brandon and April said...

what a cute little bundle of pink!! don't you just love little girl fluff?!?! glad you 4 are doing well!

Lois said...

What a precious baby! Archie looks so big to you now, doesn't he!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

She is so cute!! She looks so cozy laying there :)