Monday, August 24, 2009

My exciting solitary life in Bangkok with a newborn

Here's the latest and greatest report on Darling #1's eyes: He's really noticeably cross-eyed. OK, we all already knew that. Yesterday morning at 8 a.m., Archie and Daddy set off on a great adventure - their first trip to Hong Kong while my Gracie Girl and I stayed behind so newborns can do what newborns like to do.

Eating: (no pic)
Crying:
Sleeping:
Speaking of which, I love how they can go from screaming on their blanket full tilt to sound asleep in the blink of an eye:

Back to the Archie update.
We KNEW one of two things would happen:
1. The doctor would want to do surgery immediately and the girls would fly out to HK to join the guys for the big event.
2. The doctor would want to do surgery later and the guys would come home and we would all depart for home tomorrow as planned.

Guess what? We got the unimagined Option #3.
-The doctor wants to do a 3-day course of eye drops and another exam on Thursday.

After looking at plane schedules and ticket prices, Grace and I decided to stay in Bangkok so newborns can continue doing what newborns like to do (see above) and Mama can save the hassle of international traveling.

This brings me to my very exciting life in Bangkok with a newborn. Yesterday, I went to church and swapped blinds with our duplex neighbor (fun stuff). Today, I took Grace to the hospital for her one month checkup and shot. The doc said her weight gain was perfect, which helped her self-esteem greatly since he'd indicated at her six day visit she was getting a little porky and needed to pull away from the trough. (We assured her she had a perfect baby body.)

I will admit I've enjoyed the peace and quiet of life away from a toddler's demands and uninterrupted Mama/baby time, but I think I'm starting to miss Hunt and Archie. The only thing on schedule for the next three days is twice daily trips to the ultra-cheap Thai food court (an easy walk) and loving on Grace unless I can think of something exciting a newborn likes to do besides the activities listed above.

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Great pics :) yay for option #3 - I hope that works and the other options aren't even needed :)
Enjoy your time :) have fun :) Grace is adorable!!!